Know yourself before you show yourself.
High school students looking to present themselves to universities, gap year programs and paid employment are often interviewed and asked to write essays highlighting what makes them unique, why they are on a particular path or what they want for their future. Most young people have no idea how to talk about themselves in this way. The goal of The Enlightened Application is to help you take that next step starting from the inside, out ~ knowing yourself so well that you can confidently present your best self in interviews and essays and then make choices about your future based on who you truly are and not based on what your world says you should be.
The Enlightened Application is as unique as the student who enrolls in this process. I will work with you and your caregivers to custom design a coaching program that prepares and supports you through the post-secondary search and decision-making process. Students spend their lives trying to fit in with their peers. Then, along comes sophomore or junior year, and you are being asked to talk and write about yourself in a way that highlights your strengths, interests and what makes you stand out from a crowd. I will not only work with you to gain the insight and skills to do this, but will provide structure to keep you on track throughout the entire process. The Enlightened Application makes room for you and your parents to enjoy this time in your life while you and I do the hard (but fun!) work necessary to walk through the college application and decision-making process.
Through our coaching together, you will be able to identify:
- your learning style, your natural strengths, your beliefs and values, and your passions that when pulled together, provide the you with a clear sense of what makes you unique ~ you will become and expert in yourself!;
- what characteristics of a school or job are most important to you and how to prioritize, evaluate, and narrow down options;
- what your own path will be for the application process including a timeline for testing, essay writing, application preparation, tours, interviews and decisions;
- what your needs are with regard to accountability (staying on track!) during the process and whether that comes from me, your parents/caregivers, or in some other way;
- Red flags, areas of stress, and how to get past real or imagined roadblocks along the way.
If you have already completed the Academic Life Coaching program, The Enlightened Application will build on what you have learned and move you through the next stage of the process. If not, we will co-create a program that best meets your needs to bridge the gap from where you are to where you want to be.